Daco D250 / D350 / D430 Rotary Die Cutter
D250 / D350 / D430 rotary die cutter is a compact rotary die cutting machine to produce plain labels for the small to medium production runs. The machine has an host of options to enable a converting line to be configured for most applications. The machine is available with a 250mm (10″), 350mm (13.75″) or 430mm (17″) web width, a speed of 175 m/minute (575 ft/minute) and a 700mm (27″) unwind.
The Daco D250 / D350 / D430 rotary die cutter for the production of blank / plain labels is aimed at the medium to long production runs. It utilises either a single or dual rotary die cutting station. The large 700mm (27.5″) unwind with taper tension control and Merobel electronic brake keeps roll changes to a minimum.
The machines compact size and short web path keep wastage to a minimum, the fully adjustable silicone covered nip drive roller helps to keep downtime to a minimum as labels cannot attach themselves to the roller. The D250 / D350 / D430 rotary die cutter has accurate tension control through the use of an electronic unwind brake with taper tension control, and the rewind is controlled through a servo-driven rewind. Quick set rotary slitting with on the run lateral adjustment is fitted as standard, the slitting knives can be set with the web in position, unlike some cartridge systems. A splice table makes web splices both quick and straightforward. Quick change air mandrels for the product rewind ensures that cores a gripped firmly and a production speed of 175m/minute (575 feet/minute).
The machine is ideally suited to clients wish to produce plain labels for the growing thermal transfer label market.
With the optional upgrade to servo drive, clients can die-cut material from digitally printed webs.
- Web width 250mm (10″), 350mm (13.75″) or 430mm (17″)
- Maximum unwind diameter: 700mm (27.5″)
- 76mm (3″) diameter air shaft
- Merobel electromagnetic particle brake
- Automatic taper tension control
- End of roll function – The user can program the roll end diameter – slowdown and/or stop – The system does not use any roll followers or external sensors that can be damaged at roll changes. The diameter is programmed from the touch screen operator interface.
- Web up – the operator can, at the touch of a button on the touch screen operator interface, release the unwind brake to allow for easier webbing up of the machine.
BST electronic web guide
- Ultrasonic sensor – enables guiding of opaque and clear materials.
- Adjustable web guide sensor.
- +/- 25mm (1″) correction.
- Integral splice table with pneumatic interlocked web clamps.
- Tape dispenser for splicing
- 250 model – 6″ to 16″ die repeats | 350 model – 8″ to 18″ die repeats | 430 model – 10″ to 24″ die repeats
- RotoMetrics through hardened anvil – 105T – (13.125″) repeat
- Gearing – 1/8 cp, 20-degree pressure angle.
- Precision ground steel die plates – 250mm (10″) model 16mm (0.62″) thick / 350mm (13.75″) model 20mm (0.78″) thick.
- A driven capstan roller with adjustable tension control ensures reliable matrix stripping, enabling high speed running even if the matrix rewind becomes unstable.
- Matrix / Waste Rewind – 400mm (15.75″) diameter with fully adjustable tension control.
- 76mm (3″) mechanical mandrel for waste rewind.
- Silicone nip roller against a driven draw roller.
- The silicone nip roller does not allow labels to attach themselves to it, reducing downtime.
- Fully adjustable to allow for different label stocks.
- The draw roller is driven by a 1.5Kw (2 hp) motor.
- 3 slitting knives
- Minimum slit width 13mm (0.51″)
- Lateral knife adjustment +/- 8mm (0.31″)
- Knife separation for D350 / D430 models
- Removable interlocked cutter guard
- Dual knife box configuration to allow for razor slitting to be also fitted
- 1 Product rewind.
- Maximum rewind diameter: 360mm (14″).
- 76mm (3″) quick change air mandrel.
- Label in / labels out rewinding.
- Servo driven rewind.
- Taper tension control.
- Linear – metres & feet
- Stop on diameter
- Total count
- Batch count
- Auto calculation of slow down and stop irrelevant of web speed
- TLC – Total length count until reset by the operator
Colour touch screen HMI operator interface
- Highlights machine status, error messages and warnings
- Counting options
- Tension settings
- Job storage allows for easy & quick job setups – 100 jobs
Speed – 175 metres/minute – 575 feet/minute – dependent on material
Quick release pneumatically operated nip roller for D350 / D430 models
Conforms to CE regulations and all circuits use dual channel safety switches, which are continuously monitored using a certified safety relay.
- Additional rotary die cutting station – for perforating / sprocket punching (does not include matrix rewind).
- Servo driven die station(s) to die cut to register applications.
- Web advance with auto cut and apply to the core.
- U250L / U350L / U430L Unwind Module – 1m (40″) unwind with roll lift.
- Servo driven re-register die station (die cut to register).
- Sheeting station with shingle conveyor.
- Semi-automatic 3 spindle turret rewinder with auto roll ejection.
- Lateral knife separation – rotary slitting.
- Removable anvil with support roller – enables back cutting and sprocket punching. (Standard on 430 model)
- Matrix stripping bar.
- Dual product rewinds with independent tension control.
- Range of air mandrels – 25 to 76mm (1 to 3″).
- Daco DBS back scorer – enables edge trim to be wound with the waste matrix.
- RotoMetrics Hydra Jacks die pressure gauges.
- RotoMetrics magnetic die cylinders.
- Razor slitting – with on the run lateral adjustment and a 10mm (0.39″) minimum slit width.
- Additional rotary slitting knives.
- Die adaptors to utilise existing rotary dies – Edale, KDO (K2), Dataply & Mark Andy (others available upon request).