Daco TD350 / 430 Plain Label Converting Line
The Daco TD350 / 430 plain label converting line is the ideal machine for converting labels automatically with little operator input. The machine is equipped with a high capacity 1m (40″) unwind and a 4 spindle fully automatic turret rewinder.
Daco TD350 / 430 plain-label converting line is the ideal machine for converting labels automatically with little operator input. The machine is equipped with a high capacity U350L 1m (40″) unwind module to keep master roll changes to a minimum. The SVT 4 spindle servo-driven turret rewinder offers quick change over times, which coupled with a touch screen HMI operator interface makes the machine both interactive and user-friendly. The machine can be configured with either 1 or 2 servo-driven rotary die stations.
The Daco TD turret rewind module utilises a unique double-sided tape system (patent pending) for attaching the web to the cores, and the finished rolls are closed using a label printed by an on-board thermal transfer printer. This eliminates the need for expensive and complicated hotmelt gluing systems which often cause problems for both machine operators and end-users. Electronic job storage, coupled with an intuitive touch screen control and minimal mechanical settings, makes the machine very simple to set up and operate.
The operator can select from either length or a given number of labels per roll and the machine will then automatically cut and transfer the web to the cores without stopping.
The Daco TD plain-label converting line has a host of optional equipment which enables you to specify a very adaptable plain-label converting line both now and in the future because of its modular construction.
Ideally suited to the growing thermal transfer market where quick make ready, high production speeds and little operator input is key to producing good profit margins. With the addition of flexo print unit(s) the machine is the capable of manufacturing weigh scale labels, colour washed labels and retail labels all in one pass.
Web width: 350mm (13.75”) or 430mm (17″)
U350L Cantilevered Unwind Module
- Maximum unwind diameter: 1m (40″)
- 76mm (3″) air mandrel
- Automatic roll lift
- Electromagnetic particle brake
- Automatic taper tension control
- End of roll function – The user can program the roll end diameter – slowdown and/or stop – The system does not use any roll followers or external sensors that can be damaged at roll changes. The diameter is programmed from the touch screen operator interface.
Servo driven infeed nip roller
- Fully adjustable pneumatically operated with regulator and gauge
- On / off feature to allow for easy threading of the machine
- Interlocked so that the machine cannot be started with the nip roller off.
- BST electronic web guide.
- Ultrasonic sensor – enables guiding of opaque and clear materials.
- Integral diagonal splice table with pneumatic web clamps.
- Adjustable web guide sensor.
- +/- 25mm (1″) correction.
Daco DM350 Die Cutting Module
- Rotary die station – Servo driven – with stripping & matrix rewind
Cutter repeat lengths: 203-457mm (8″-18″)
Fixed RotoMetrics through-hardened anvil – 105T – 13.125″ repeat.
Gearing 1/8cp 20 degree pressure angle
76mm (3″) mechanical mandrel: For matrix rewind
Maximum matrix rewind diameter: 609mm (24”)
- 3 quick set rotary scissor slitting knives (shear knife).
- Minimum slit width: 13mm (0.51″)
- Lateral knife adjustment: +/- 8mm (0.31″)
- Removable interlocked cutter guard for easy access to the slitting knives and anvils.
SVT Servo driven 4 spindle turret rewind module
- Max rewind diameter: 340mm (13.38″)
- 50mm (2”) minimum roll diameter
- Closed loop tension control
- Mandrel end support
- 4 x 76mm (3″) air mandrels (or 4 of customer choice)
- Adjustable core positioning stop – ensures accurate loading of cores onto the mandrel.
- Automatic roll eject system complete with roll eject chute – enables easy removal of the finished rolls by the operator.
Print and apply label applicator to close the finished roll with a label.
- A Toshiba Tec thermal transfer printer can print data to the roll closure labels. The printed labels are collected onto a vacuum head and applied to the finished rolls. The label closure data is programmable from the machines touch screen.
Count units: Labels / Metres / Feet
Maximum web speed 175m/minute (575 feet/minute)
12.1″ Colour touch screen HMI operator interface
- Highlights machine status, error messages and warnings
- Counting options
- Tension settings
- Job storage allows for easy & quick job setups – 100 jobs
Modem connection for machine diagnostics & software upgrades
- Replace the double-sided tape system with a Nordson hot melt gluing system which is programmable and allows the operator to set up the core gluing within seconds.
- Sensor & software upgrade for die-cut to register applications
- Air assisted turn bar
- Removable anvil with support roller
- Additional rotary die station(s) (no waste rewind or stripping)
- Matrix stripping & rewind for second die station
- Razor slitting – 3 knives with lateral knife adjustment +/- 8mm (0.31″) – Minimum slit width 10mm (0.39″)
- Daco DBS back scorer – enables edge trim to be wound with the waste matrix
- RotoMetrics Hydra Jack die pressure gauges.
- Foot pedal to jog the machine (assists in webbing up the machine)
- RotoMetrics magnetic die cylinders
- Air mandrels – 19 to 76mm (3/4 to 3″)
- Flexographic print station(s)
- UV Inkjet systems