Daco DF250SRD Semi-Rotary Die Cutter
The Daco DF250SRD is a very compact modular semi-rotary die cutter. Finish labels from digital presses, add an inkjet system to print and finish in one pass or manufacture plain labels cost-effectively for desktop digital printers.
The Daco DF250SRD is a compact versatile semi-rotary die cutter / converting line for digital labels, semi-rotary for short runs and full rotary for high-speed longer runs. The machine is the ideal companion to finish labels from digital presses including inkjet and toner based systems.
The Daco DF250SRD has seen a major upgrade to both its mechanics and software recently and now has an increased maximum production speed of 80m/min (262 ft/minute). This coupled with the ability to easily remove the 22” magnetic die cylinder and replace it with our standard full rotary dies allows the die cutting of labels to a maximum speed of 175m/min (575 ft/minute) in register.
The DF250SRD utilises the latest in servo drive technology and with software written by Daco allows for quick and easy setup. With the environment and paper costs in mind, the print to die register is accomplished with the use of minimal substrate.
The flexibility of the DF250SRD platform enables a converting line to be configured for most digital finishing applications. The platform also allows for the fitting an inkjet module allowing for labels to be printed and finished in one pass. As standard the machine is prepared to accept laminating with or without a carrier, so if your requirements change in the future laminating can be easily added.
The DF250SRD is the cost effective solution to the finishing of digitally pre-printed webs from machine such as the Primera CX1200, Trojan T2, Afinia x350, i-Jet2800, Duraflex based printers and other Memjet based machines.
With the addition of an inkjet printing module, you can print and finish in one pass.
Daco DF250SRD with laminating and carrier rewind
- Maximum web width: 250mm (10″)
- Minimum web width: 101mm (4″)
- Maximum unwind diameter: 600mm (23.6″).
- 76mm (3″) diameter air shaft.
- Merobel electromagnetic particle brake.
- End of roll function – The user can program the roll end diameter – slowdown and/or stop – The system does not use any roll followers or external sensors that can be damaged at roll changes. The diameter is programmed from the touch screen operator interface.
- Web up – the operator can, at the touch of a button on the touch screen operator interface, release the unwind brake to allow for easier webbing up of the machine.
BST Electronic Web guide
- Ultrasonic sensor – enables guiding of opaque and clear materials.
- Adjustable web guide sensor.
- +/- 25mm (1″) correction.
- Integral splice table with pneumatic interlocked web clamps.
- Tape dispenser for splicing
Servo Driven Semi-rotary Die Cutting Station
- Die-cut to register servo drive system – with an accuracy of 0.25mm (0.010″).
- 176T (22″) magnetic die cylinder for semi-rotary applications.
- Semi-rotary cutter repeat lengths: 50-457mm (2″-18″).
- Full rotary cutter repeat lengths: 203-558mm (8″-22″).
- Through hardened anvil – 120T – 15″ repeat.
- Precision ground 20mm (0.78″) thick die plates.
- Gearing – 1/8 cp, 20-degree pressure angle.
- Lateral die adjustment.
- Fully adjustable driven capstan roller.
- Matrix / Waste Rewind – 600mm (23.6″) diameter.
- 76mm (3″) mechanical mandrel for waste rewind.
- Pneumatically operated silicone nip roller against a driven draw roller.
- The silicone nip roller does not allow labels to attach themselves to it, reducing downtime.
- Fully adjustable via a regulator and gauge.
- On / off feature to allow for easy webbing up of the machine.
- Interlocked so that the machine can not be started with the nip roller off.
Slitting – Rotary Scissor
- 3 rotary scissor slitting knives (shear knife).
- Minimum slit width: 13mm (0.51″).
- Lateral knife adjustment: +/- 8mm (0.31″).
- Removable interlocked cutter guard.
- Dual knife box configuration to allow razor slitting to be fitted.
- 1 Product rewind
- Max rewind diameter: 360mm (14″).
- 76mm (3″) diameter air shaft.
- Servo driven.
- Automatic taper tension control.
- Labels in /label out rewinding
- Linear – metres & feet
Colour Touch Screen Operator Interface
- Highlights machine status, error messages and warnings
- Counting options
- Tension settings
- Job storage allows for easy & quick job setups – 100 jobs
Maximum Web Speed
- Semi-rotary 80m/minute (262 feet/minute) – dependent on plate size
- Full rotary 175m/minute (575 feet/minute) – dependent on material
Modem connection for machine diagnostics & software upgrades
Run Hour Meter
Solid construction – built on a 3mm (0.118″) cabinet with a precision ground steel 16mm (0.62″) main plate.
Conforms to CE regulations and all circuits use dual channel safety switches, which are continuously monitored using a certified safety relay.
Laminating station – self wound laminate – with electromagnetic brake and automatic taper tension control.
Laminating station – laminate with a carrier – carrier rewind.
Daco DBS250-ES back scorer easy set back scorer enables edge trim to be wound with the waste matrix.
RotoMetrics Hydra Jacks – die pressure gauges for accurate setting and monitoring of die pressure settings.
Razor slitting – 3 knives with lateral knife adjustment +/- 8mm (0.31″) – Minimum slit width 10mm (0.39″).
Magnetic die cylinders for full rotary applications.
Range of rewind air mandrels – 25 to 76mm (1 to 3″).
Second 600mm (23.6″) product rewind
Foot pedal to jog the machine.
Module for the addition of a inkjet printing system.
Additional razor slitting knives.
Additional rotary slitting knives.