Daco SI Label Inspection Slitter Rewinder
SI inspection / slitter rewinder with web widths of 350mm (13.75″) and 430mm (17″). The SI is the ideal inspection platform with a host of options enabling you to specify a machine for your specific needs.
The Daco SI 350 / SI430 label inspection slitter rewinder offers both flexibility and high performance. The unique design of this inspection rewinder includes a quick make ready rotary scissor slitting unit with knife separation and lateral adjustment. A colour touch screen HMI operator interface enabling quick and easy job setups, control of the various counting facilities, automatic web advance, taper tension control and end of roll features.
The machines unwind and rewind has taper tension control as standard which enables the tension to be kept at a predetermined tension set by the operator. Adjustment of the tension in relation to the roll diameters is automatically compensated for by the PLC.
A BST electronic web guidance system ensures that the finished rolls are perfectly wound, and an inspection table with adjustable splicing table with pneumatic clamps is also fitted as standard, enabling splices to be made both neatly and easily.
Pneumatic air shafts for both unwind and rewind means that changing the rolls could not be simpler, and a web advance system makes it easy to attach the web to the core when starting a new roll.
- Web widths 350mm (13.75″) or 430mm (17″)
- Maximum unwind diameter: 762mm (30″)
- 76mm (3″) diameter air shaft
- Merobel electromagnetic particle brake
- Automatic taper tension control
- End of roll function – The user is able to program the roll end diameter – slowdown and/or stop – The system does not use any roll followers or external sensors that can be damaged at roll changes. The diameter is programmed from the touch screen operator interface.
- Web up – the operator can, at the touch of a button on the touch screen operator interface, release the unwind brake to allow for easier webbing up of the machine.
- Inspection Tables
- Inspection Table #1 – 1460mm (57.4″) Inspection area with adjustable splicing facility and pneumatic interlocked web clamps.
- Fault Editing Table #2 – 700mm (27.5″) Inspection area prior to web guiding and slitting with adjustable splicing facility and pneumatic interlocked web clamps.
- Stainless steel topped.
- Web guide
- BST electronic web guide.
- Ultrasonic sensor – enables guiding of opaque and clear materials.
- Adjustable web guide sensor.
- +/- 25mm (1″) correction.
- Draw Head
- Pneumatically operated silicone nip roller against a driven draw roller.
- The silicone nip roller does not allow labels to attach themselves to it reducing down time.
- Fully adjustable via a regulator and gauge.
- On / off feature to allow for easy webbing up of the machine.
- Interlocked so that the machine cannot be started with the nip roller off.
- The draw roller is driven by a 1.5Kw (2 hp) motor to isolate the unwind tension from the rewind.
- 3 rotary scissor slitting knives (shear knife).
- Knife separation – Allows for easy setting of the knife and anvil with the web in place.
- Minimum slit width: 13mm (0.51″).
- Lateral knife adjustment: +/- 5mm (0.196″).
- Dual knife box configuration to allow for razor slitting to be also fitted.
- 1 Product rewind
- Maximum rewind diameter: 457mm (18″)
- 76mm (3″) diameter with quick change air shaft
- Automatic taper tension control
- Servo driven rewind
- Labels in / labels out rewinding
- Quick change air mandrels. The mandrel size is selected on the touch screen and is electronically compensated for, so there are no gears to change.
- Programmable web advance system
- The web advance delay time is programmable from the touch screen – enables easy attachment of the web to the core when starting a new roll.
- Count Facility
- Linear – metres & feet
- Stop on diameter
- Total count
- Batch count
- Auto calculation of slow down and stop irrelevant of web speed.
- TLC – Total length count until reset by the operator.
- Colour Touch Screen Operator Interface
- Highlights machine status, error messages and warnings
- Counting options
- Tension settings
- Job storage allows for easy & quick job set ups – 100 jobs
- Speed – 300 metres / minute – 984 feet / minute – dependent on material
- Run Hour Meter
- Solid construction – built on a 3mm (0.118″) cabinet with a precision ground steel 16mm (0.62″) main plate.
- Conforms to CE regulations and all circuits use dual channel safety switches, which are continuously monitored using a certified safety relay.
- Dual product rewinds with independent tension control
- Integral roll lifter for the easy loading of rolls
- Missing label detection – 6 or 12 lane
- Static elimination
- Closed loop tension control
- Flag detection – if a flag is detected the machine is brought to a controlled stop and the error presented on the fault editing table.
- Splice detection – if a splice is detected the machine is brought to a controlled stop and the splice is presented on the fault editing table.
- Waste rewinder – enables quick removal of large sections of faulty web in tidy manageable rolls.
- Unilux strobe light
- Eltromat – Tubescan digital strobe
- Razor slitting with lateral adjustment
- Back numbering options
- Air mandrels – 25 to 76mm (1″ to 3″)
- Additional slitting knives