Daco DF350SR Semi-Rotary Die Cutter / Varnishing
DF350SR is a small compact converting and finishing machine for digital and inkjet. With quick and easy setup, a short web path make it the ideal machine for digital label finishing. Features include flood coat or spot UV varnishing and laminating.
The Daco DF350SR is a compact, versatile semi-rotary die cutter / converting line for digital labels, semi-rotary for short runs and full rotary for high-speed longer runs. The machine is available for flexographic printing applications or the converting of media from pre-printed digital, inkjet, and flexo printing presses.
The Daco DF350SR has seen a significant upgrade to both its mechanics and software recently and now has an increased maximum production speed of 65m/min (213 ft/minute). This coupled with the ability to remove the 22” magnetic die cylinder and replace it with our standard full rotary dies allows the die-cutting of labels to a maximum speed of 175m/min (575 ft/minute) in register.
Easily apply spot or flood coat UV varnishes, the DF350SR can also be configured with an optional laminating station to give ultimate flexibility for digital finishing applications.
The flexographic print/coating station utilises the latest in servo drive technology and with software written by Daco Solutions allows for quick and easy setup. With the environment and paper costs in mind, the print to die register is accomplished with the use of minimal substrate.
The platform also allows for the fitting an inkjet module, and we can fit both mono and CMYK systems allowing for labels to be printed and finished in one pass.
The flexibility of the DF350SR platform enables a converting line to be configured for most digital finishing applications:-
Full servo mode:
Standard flood coating
Die-cut in register to a pre-printed web
Optional: Spot varnish
With the servo, print/coating station turned off:-
Die-cut to register – Die cut to register pre-print webs
Slitting and rewinding
Plain label production – full or semi-rotary
- Web Width
- Maximum web width: 350mm (13.75″)
- Minimum web width: 200mm (8″)
- Maximum unwind diameter: 600mm (23.6″).
- 76mm (3″) diameter air shaft.
- Merobel electromagnetic particle brake.
- End of roll function – The user can program the roll end diameter – slowdown and/or stop – The system does not use any roll followers or external sensors that can be damaged at roll changes. The diameter is programmed from the touch screen operator interface.
- Web up – the operator can, at the touch of a button on the touch screen operator interface, release the unwind brake to allow for easier webbing up of the machine.
- BST Electronic Web guide
- Ultrasonic sensor – enables guiding of opaque and clear materials.
- Adjustable web guide sensor.
- +/- 25mm (1″) correction.
- Integral splice table with pneumatic interlocked web clamps.
- Tape dispenser for splicing
- Flexographic print/coating unit
- Servo driven.
- Print repeat lengths 203-558mm (8-22″).
- Maximum print width: 340mm (13.38″).
- Constant turning anilox roller.
- Auto throw off.
- Doctor blade.
- GEW E2C UV dryer. – Lamp Power up to 140 w/cm
- 1 Semi-rotary Die Station
- Die-cut to register servo drive system – with an accuracy of 0.25mm (0.010″).
- Full rotary cutter repeat lengths: 203-558mm (8″-22″).
- Semi-rotary cutter repeat lengths: 50-457mm (2″-18″).
- 176T (22″) magnetic die cylinder for semi-rotary applications.
- Through hardened anvil – 120T – 15″ repeat.
- Precision ground 20mm (0.78″) thick die plates.
- Gearing – 1/8 cp, 20-degree pressure angle.
- Lateral die adjustment.
- Fully adjustable driven capstan roller.
- Matrix / Waste Rewind – 600mm (23.6″) diameter.
- 76mm (3″) mechanical mandrel for waste rewind.
- Draw Head
- Pneumatically operated silicone nip roller against a driven draw roller.
- The silicone nip roller does not allow labels to attach themselves to it, reducing downtime.
- Fully adjustable via a regulator and gauge.
- On / off feature to allow for easy webbing up of the machine.
- Interlocked so that the machine can not be started with the nip roller off.
- 3 rotary scissor slitting knives (shear knife).
- Minimum slit width: 13mm (0.51″).
- Lateral knife adjustment: +/- 8mm (0.31″).
- Removable interlocked cutter guard.
- Dual knife box configuration to allow razor slitting to be fitted.
- Product Rewind
- 1 Product rewind
- Max rewind diameter: 600mm (23.6″).
- 76mm (3″) diameter air shaft.
- Servo driven.
- Automatic taper tension control.
- Count Facility
- Linear – metres & feet
- Colour Touch Screen Operator Interface
- Highlights machine status, error messages and warnings
- Counting options
- Tension settings
- Job storage allows for easy & quick job setups – 100 jobs
- Maximum Web Speed
- Semi-rotary 65m/minute (213 feet/minute) – dependent on plate size
- Full rotary 175m/minute (575 feet/minute) – dependent on material
- Modem connection for machine diagnostics & software upgrades
- Run Hour Meter
- Solid construction – built on a 3mm (0.118″) cabinet with a precision ground steel 20mm (0.78″) main plate.
- Conforms to CE regulations and all circuits use dual channel safety switches, which are continuously monitored using a certified safety relay.
- GEW Ozone filter – eliminates the need to duct exhaust out of the production facility to the outside of the building.
- GEW E2C IR cassette.
- Spot varnish for the print/coating station – includes a print cylinder of customer choice.
- Daco DBS350 back scorer enables edge trim to be wound with the waste matrix.
- RotoMetrics Hydra Jacks – die pressure gauges for accurate setting and monitoring of die pressure settings.
- RotoMetrics magnetic die cylinders.
- Laminating – self-wound or with a carrier:-
- Maximum unwind diameter: 400mm (15.75″)
- Merobel electromagnetic particle brake
- Taper tension control
- 76mm (3″) air mandrel
- Second 600mm (23.6″) rewind
- Razor slitting – with on the run lateral adjustment and a 10mm (0.39″) minimum slit width.
- Additional rotary slitting knives