Daco DF350SRD Semi-Rotary Die Cutter
The Daco DF350SRD is a compact modular semi-rotary die cutter that has a variety of uses. The DF350SRD can be used for die-cutting labels from a wide range of inkjet and toner-based digital label presses and can also produce short-run plain labels cost-effectively for desktop digital printers.
The Daco DF350SRD is a compact, versatile semi-rotary converting line for labels, semi-rotary for short runs, full rotary for high-speed longer runs. The machine is the ideal companion to finish labels from digital presses including inkjet, toner-based systems, flexo and gravure presses.
The DF350SRD utilises the latest in servo drive technology and with software written by Daco allows for quick and easy setup. With the environment and paper costs in mind, the print to die register is accomplished with the use of minimal substrate.
The flexibility of the DF350SRD platform enables a converting line to be configured for most digital finishing applications.
With the addition of an inkjet printing module, you can print and finish in one pass.
- Web Width
- Maximum web width: 350mm (13.75″)
- Minimum web width: 200mm (8″)
- Maximum unwind diameter: 600mm (23.6″).
- 76mm (3″) diameter air shaft.
- Merobel electromagnetic particle brake.
- End of roll function – The user can program the roll end diameter – slowdown and/or stop – The system does not use any roll followers or external sensors that can be damaged at roll changes. The diameter is programmed from the touch screen operator interface.
- Web up – the operator can, at the touch of a button on the touch screen operator interface, release the unwind brake to allow for easier webbing up of the machine.
- BST Electronic Web guide
- Ultrasonic sensor – enables guiding of opaque and clear materials.
- Adjustable web guide sensor.
- +/- 25mm (1″) correction.
- Integral splice table with pneumatic interlocked web clamps.
- 1 Semi-rotary Die Station
- Die-cut to register servo drive system – with an accuracy of 0.25mm (0.010″).
- 176T (22″) magnetic die cylinder for semi-rotary applications.
- Semi-rotary cutter repeat lengths: 50-457mm (2″-18″).
- Full rotary cutter repeat lengths: 203-558mm (8″-22″).
- Through hardened anvil – 120T – 15″ repeat.
- Precision ground 20mm (0.78″) thick die plates.
- Gearing – 1/8 cp, 20-degree pressure angle.
- Lateral die adjustment.
- Fully adjustable driven capstan roller.
- Matrix / Waste Rewind – 600mm (23.6″) diameter.
- 76mm (3″) mechanical mandrel for waste rewind.
- Draw Head
- Pneumatically operated silicone nip roller against a driven draw roller.
- The silicone nip roller does not allow labels to attach themselves to it, reducing downtime.
- Fully adjustable via a regulator and gauge.
- On / off feature to allow for easy webbing up of the machine.
- Interlocked so that the machine can not be started with the nip roller off.
- 3 rotary scissor slitting knives (shear knife).
- Minimum slit width: 13mm (0.51″).
- Lateral knife adjustment: +/- 8mm (0.31″).
- Removable interlocked cutter guard.
- Dual knife box configuration to allow razor slitting to be fitted.
- Product Rewind
- 1 Product rewind
- Max rewind diameter: 600mm (23.6″).
- 76mm (3″) diameter air shaft.
- Servo driven.
- Automatic taper tension control.
- Count Facility
- Linear – metres & feet
- Colour Touch Screen Operator Interface
- Highlights machine status, error messages and warnings
- Counting options
- Tension settings
- Job storage allows for easy & quick job setups – 100 jobs
- Maximum Web Speed
- Semi-rotary 65m/minute (213 feet/minute) – dependent on plate size
- Full rotary 175m/minute (575 feet/minute) – dependent on material
- Modem connection for machine diagnostics & software upgrades
- Run Hour Meter
- Solid construction – built on a 3mm (0.118″) cabinet with a precision ground steel 16mm (0.62″) main plate.
- Conforms to CE regulations and all circuits use dual channel safety switches, which are continuously monitored using a certified safety relay.
- Daco DBS350 back scorer enables edge trim to be wound with the waste matrix.
- RotoMetrics Hydra Jacks – die pressure gauges for accurate setting and monitoring of die pressure settings.
- Magnetic die cylinders for full rotary applications.
- Laminating – self-wound or with a carrier:-
- Maximum unwind diameter: 400mm (15.75″)
- Merobel electromagnetic particle brake
- Taper tension control
- 76mm (3″) air mandrel
- Laminating silencer
- Second 600mm (23.6″) product rewind
- Range of rewind air mandrels – 25 to 76mm (1 to 3″).
- Foot pedal to jog the machine.
- Vanish Station / Spot Varnishing.
- Module for the addition of an inkjet printing system
- Razor slitting – with on the run lateral adjustment and a 10mm (0.39″) minimum slit width.
- Additional rotary slitting knives