Daco PLD250 / PLD350 / PLD430 Rotary Die Cutter With A Semi-Automatic Turret Rewinder
PLD Semi automatic turret rewinder available with a one or two rotary die cutting stations, web widths of 250mm (10″), 350mm (13.75″) or 430mm (17") and offers the user the benefits of turret rewinding for short run work.
The Daco PLD rotary die cutter with a semi-automatic turret rewinder offers all the benefits of turret rewinding but with very quick make ready times unlike conventional turret rewinding. This allows shorter runs to be produced both quickly and more efficiently.
The PLD250 / PLD350 / PLD430 is a very efficient rotary die cutter with a 3 spindle semi-automatic turret rewinder for small roll production. Unlike traditional die cutters, where the machine is stopped for a considerable time whilst operators cut and re-apply the web to the cores, the semi-automatic turret is only stopped for a few seconds whilst the turret indexes. New cores are applied to the rewind shaft whilst the machine is in production; the turret automatically cuts the web and applies the web to the new cores.
Many clients are finding that the PLD250 / PLD350 / PLD430 machine is the ideal solution to produce thermal labels for desktop and industrial thermal transfer printers and for the production of price gun labels. With the rotary die removed the machine the machine can be used as a very productive slitter rewinder for small and large roll productions.
If further automation is required the Daco TD fully automatic plain label production line which has a servo driven rotary die station(s), 4 spindle servo turret rewinder with label closure which increases productivity further.
Web widths 250mm (10″), 350mm (13.75″) and 430mm (17″)
- Maximum unwind diameter: 700mm (27.5″)
- 76mm (3″) air mandrel
- Merobel electromagnetic particle brake
- Automatic taper tension control
- End of roll function – The user is able to program the roll end diameter – slowdown and/or stop – The system does not use any roll followers or external sensors that can be damaged at roll changes. The diameter is programmed from the touch screen operator interface.
- Web guide
- BST electronic web guide.
- Ultrasonic sensor – enables guiding of opaque and clear materials.
- Integral diagonal splice table with pneumatic web clamps.
- Adjustable web guide sensor.
- +/- 25mm (1″) correction.
- A tape dispenser for the splice table.
- Die Station
- Die repeat 153 – 406mm (6″-16″) – 250 model / 203 – 457mm (8″ – 18″) – 350 model
- RotoMetrics through hardened anvil – 105T – 13.125″ repeat.
- 16mm (0.62″) thick precision ground die plates.
- Gearing – 1/8 cp, 20 degree pressure angle.
- A driven matrix stripping roller with adjustable tension control ensures reliable matrix stripping, enabling high speed running even if the matrix rewind becomes unstable.
- Matrix / Waste Rewind – 609mm (24″)diameter.
- 76mm (3″) mechanical mandrel for waste rewind.
- Draw Head
- Silicone nip roller against a driven draw roller.
- The silicone nip roller does not allow labels to attach themselves to it reducing down time.
- Fully adjustable to allow for different label stocks.
- The draw roller is driven by a 1.5Kw (2 hp) motor.
- 3 quick set rotary scissor slitting knives (shear knife).
- Minimum slit width: 13mm (0.51″)
- Lateral knife adjustment: +/- 8mm (0.31″)
- Removable interlocked cutter guard for easy access to the slitting knives and anvils.
- Turret Rewind – 3 Position
- Max rewind diameter: 250mm (10″) – 250 model / 340mm (13.38″) – 350mm (13.75″) model
- 3 x 76mm (3″) diameter quick change air shafts (or 3 of customer choice)
- Merobel electromagnetic particle clutch.
- Automatic taper tension control – automatic tension control.
- Adjustable core positioning device – ensures accurate loading of cores onto the mandrel.
- Automatic roll ejection system – enables easy removal of the finished rolls by the operator
- Count Facility
- Linear – metres
- Programmable auto slow down and stop when the count is reached.
- Colour Touch Screen Operator Interface
- Highlights machine status, error messages and warnings
- Counting options
- Tension settings
- Job storage allows for easy & quick job set ups – 100 jobs
- Speed – 175 metres / minute – 575 feet / minute – dependent on material
- Conforms to CE regulations and all circuits use dual channel safety switches, which are continuously monitored using a certified safety relay.
- Modular UL 1m (40″) unwind
- Additional rotary die stations – for perforating (does not include matrix rewind)
- Lateral knife separation (rotary slitting)
- Removable anvil – enables back cutting / perforating
- Air mandrels – 19 to 76mm (3/4 to 3″)
- Daco DBS back scorer – enables edge trim to be wound with the waste matrix
- RotoMetrics Hydra Jack die pressure gauges.
- RotoMetrics magnetic die cylinders
- Additional rotary slitting knives
- Die adaptors to utilise existing tooling – Edale, KDO (K2) & Mark Andy (others available upon request)