Daco DTD250 Table Top Rotary Die Cutter
The Daco DTD 250 table top rotary die cutter is a cost effective, robust and easy to use machine for blank / plain label converting for the short to medium production runs. The label rotary die cutter is available with either one or two rotary die cutting stations, rotary slitting and independent tension control for the unwind / rewind and has a production speed of 150m/minute (492 ft/minute). Many DTD250 rotary die cutters have been installed at clients who use them to produce plain labels for the growing thermal label transfer market.
The Daco DTD250 table top rotary die cutter compact size and short web path keeps wastage to a minimum, the fully adjustable silicone covered nip drive roller helps to keep down time to a minimum as labels cannot attach themselves to the roller. The DTD250 has accurate tension control through the use of a pneumatic unwind brake which is infinitely variable and a servo driven rewind.
Quick set rotary slitting with on the run lateral adjustment is fitted as standard, the slitting knives can be set with the web in position unlike some cartridge systems. A splice table makes web splices both simple and quick. Quick change air mandrel for the product rewind ensures that cores a gripped firmly.
The standard die station is able to accept Mark Andy 2200, Edale Alpha & Beta, Focus and KDO (K2) tooling; die blocks are available for dies from other manufacturers.
The rotary die cutter can also be used as a slitter rewinder for the finishing of pre-printed labels by removing the rotary die or you could consider the Daco DT250 table top slitter rewinder.
Standard Features of the Daco DTD250 Table Top Rotary Die Cutter
- Maximum unwind diameter: 450mm (18″) – Standard 1000m roll of label stock.
- 76mm (3″) air mandrel.
- Pneumatic brake with independent regulator and gauge.
- Splice Table with web clamps – Makes web splicing easier and quicker.
- Die Station
- 153 – 406 (6″-16″) die repeats.
- RotoMetrics through hardened anvil – 84T – 10.5″ repeat.
- Gearing – 1/8 cp, 20 degree pressure angle.
- 16mm (0.62″) thick precision ground die plates.
- A driven capstan roller with adjustable tension control ensures reliable matrix stripping, enabling high speed running even if the matrix rewind becomes unstable.
- Matrix / Waste Rewind – 400mm (15.75″) diameter with fully adjustable tension control.
- 76mm (3″) mechanical mandrel for waste rewind.
- Draw Head
- Silicone nip roller against a driven draw roller.
- The silicone nip roller does not allow labels to attach themselves to it reducing down time.
- Fully adjustable to allow for different label stocks.
- The draw roller is driven by a 1.5Kw (2 hp) motor.
- 3 quick set rotary scissor slitting knives (shear knife).
- Minimum slit width: 13mm (0.51″).
- Lateral knife adjustment: +/- 8mm (0.31″).
- Removable interlocked cutter guard for easy access to the slitting knives and anvils.
- 1 Product rewind.
- Maximum rewind diameter: 360mm (14″).
- 76mm (3″) quick change air mandrel.
- Servo driven.
- Labels in / labels out rewinding.
- Count Facility
- Linear – metres.
- Programmable auto slow down and stop when the count is reached.
- Auto reset counter
- Speed – 150 metres / minute – 492 feet / minute – dependent on material.
- Conforms to CE regulations and all circuits use dual channel safety switches, which are continuously monitored using a certified safety relay.
- Additional rotary die station – for perforating / sprocket punching (does not include matrix rewind).
- Removable anvil with support roller – enables back cutting and sprocket punching.
- Servo driven re-register die station (die cut to register).
- BST Electronic web guide with an ultrasonic sensor.
- Pneumatic web clamps for the splice table
- Lateral knife separation (rotary slitting).
- Matrix stripping roller.
- Dual product rewinds.
- Air mandrels – 25 to 76mm (1 to 3″).
- Daco DBS250 back scorer enables edge trim to be wound with the waste matrix.
- RotoMetrics Hydra Jack. die pressure gauges
- RotoMetrics magnetic die cylinders.
- Pneumatic web clamps for the splice table.
- Razor slitting – with on the run lateral adjustment and a 10mm (0.39″) minimum slit width.
- Additional rotary slitting knives.
- Die adaptors to utilise existing tooling – Edale (Alpha & Beta), KDO (K2), Focus (Proflex), Dataply & Gallus (others available upon request).