Daco TD350P Flexographic Label Press With Fully Automatic Turret Rewinder
Manufacture 1 & 2 colour and colour-washed labels cost-effectively. Labels are produced in one pass, printed and finished with just one machine and operator. Reduce your labour content and improve your profit margins.
Daco TD350P flexographic label press is the ideal machine for manufacturing labels automatically with little operator input. The TD350P has a high capacity U350L 1m (40″) unwind module to keep master roll changes to an absolute minimum. In addition, the SVT 4 spindle servo-driven turret rewinder offers quick change over time, which coupled with a touch screen HMI operator interface makes the machine both interactive and user-friendly.
The flexographic label press has 1 or 2 quick-change servo-driven flexo print stations and the option to add a UV inkjet system for variable data and personalisation. The flexo print unit(s) allows the manufacture of weigh scale labels, colour-washed labels and retail labels all in one pass. Ideally suited to simple one / two colour work, where quick make ready, high production speeds and little operator input is key to producing good profit margins. The machine can be configured with either 1 or 2 servo-driven rotary die stations. Reduce your wastage, labour content and improve your profit margins.
The Daco SVT turret rewind module utilises a unique patented double-sided tape system for attaching the web to the cores, and the finished rolls are closed using a label printed by an onboard thermal transfer printer. This eliminates the need for expensive and complicated hotmelt gluing systems which often cause problems for both machine operators and end-users. Electronic job storage, coupled with a large colour intuitive touch screen control and minimal mechanical settings, makes the machine very simple to set up and operate.
The operator can select from either length or a given number of labels per roll, and the machine will then automatically cut and transfer the web to the cores without stopping, which significantly improves the production of the flexographic label press.
Daco TD350P with 2 colour flexo & UV inkjet for variable data
Web width: 350mm (13.75”) or 430mm (17″)
U350L Cantilevered Unwind Module
- Maximum unwind diameter: 1m (40″).
- 76mm (3″) air mandrel.
- Automatic roll lift.
- Merobel electromagnetic particle brake.
- Closed loop tension control.
- Programmable end of roll function – The user can program the roll end diameter – slowdown and / or stop. The system does not use any roll followers or external sensors that can be damaged at roll changes. The diameter is programmed from the touch screen operator interface.
- Web up – the operator from the touch screen operator interface, release the unwind brake to allow for simple webbing up of the machine.
BST Electronic Web guide
- Ultrasonic sensor – enables guiding of opaque and clear materials.
- Adjustable web guide sensor.
- +/- 25mm (1″) correction.
- Integral splice table with pneumatic interlocked web clamps.
- Tape dispenser for splicing.
Servo driven infeed nip roller
- Fully adjustable pneumatically operated with regulator and gauge.
- On / off feature to allow for easy threading of the machine.
- Interlocked so that the machine cannot be started with the nip roller off.
Daco Flexographic print / coating station
- Servo driven.
- Print to register.
- Print repeat lengths: 203-558mm (8-22″).
- Maximum print width 340mm (13.38″).
- Constant turning anilox roller (Screen count to client specification).
- Auto throw off.
- Doctor blade.
- Running speed: Up to 100 m/min (dependent upon ink and substrate).
- Dual dryer configuration for IR & GEW UV.
Daco DM Servo Driven Rotary Die Cutting Module
- 8″ to 18″ die repeats.
- RotoMetrics through hardened anvil – 105T – (13.125″) repeat.
- Die cut to register.
- Gearing – 1/8 cp, 20-degree pressure angle.
- Precision ground steel 20mm (0.78″) die plates.
- A driven capstan roller with adjustable tension control ensures reliable matrix stripping, enabling high speed running even if the matrix rewind becomes unstable.
- Matrix / Waste Rewind – 609mm (24”) diameter with fully adjustable tension control.
- 76mm (3″) mechanical mandrel for waste rewind.
Rotary scissor slitting unit
- 3 rotary slitting knives.
- Minimum slit width 13mm (0.51″).
- Lateral knife adjustment +/- 8mm (0.31″).
- Knife separation.
- Quick release pneumatically operated nip roller.
- Removable interlocked cutter guard.
- Dual knife box configuration to allow for razor slitting to be also fitted.
SVT Servo driven 4 spindle turret rewind module
- Maximum rewind diameter: 340mm (13.38″).
- 50mm (2”) minimum roll diameter.
- Closed loop tension control.
- Mandrel end support.
- 4 x 76mm (3″) air mandrels (or 4 of customer choice).
- Adjustable core positioning stop – ensures accurate loading of cores onto the mandrel.
- Automatic roll eject system complete with roll eject chute – enables easy removal of the finished rolls by the operator.
Print and apply label applicator to close the finished roll with a label.
- A Toshiba Tec B-EX4T1 300 dpi thermal transfer printer can print data to the roll closure labels. The printed labels are collected onto a vacuum head and applied to the finished rolls. The label closure data is programmable from the machines touch screen.
Count units: Labels / Metres / Feet
Maximum web speed 175m/minute (575 feet/minute)
Colour touch screen HMI operator interface
- Highlights machine status, error messages and warnings.
- Counting options.
- Tension settings.
- Job storage allows for easy & quick job setups – 100 jobs.
Modem connection for machine diagnostics & software upgrades
- Drying Options – 4.5Kw IR dryer, GEW E2C UV dryer, GEW LED dryer
- Replace the double-sided tape system with a Nordson hot melt gluing system which is programmable and allows the operator to set up the core gluing within seconds.
- Air assisted turn bar.
- Removable anvil with support roller.
- Kocher & Beck GapMaster adjustable clearance anvil.
- Additional rotary die station(s) (no waste rewind or stripping).
- Matrix stripping & rewind for second die station.
- Razor slitting – 3 knives with lateral knife adjustment +/- 8mm (0.31″) – Minimum slit width 10mm (0.39″).
- Daco DBS back scorer – enables edge trim to be wound with the waste matrix.
- RotoMetrics Hydra Jack die pressure gauges.
- Lundberg waste extraction system – enables the waste matrix to be extracted and optionally compacted.
- Foot pedal to jog the machine (assists in webbing up the machine).
- RotoMetrics magnetic die cylinders.
- Air mandrels – 19 to 76mm (¾” to 3″).
- UV Inkjet systems.