Daco DF350SR Semi-Rotary Digital Finishing System
The Daco DF350SR is a compact versatile semi-rotary converting line for labels, semi-rotary for short runs and full rotary for high speed longer runs. The machine is available for flexographic printing applications or for the converting of media from pre-printed digital, inkjet, flexo and gravure printing presses.
Easily apply spot or flood coat UV varnishes, the DF350SR can also be configured with an optional laminating station to give ultimate flexibility for digital finishing applications.
The flexographic print / coating station utilises the latest in servo drive technology and with software written by Daco allows for quick and easy setup. With the environment and paper costs in mind the print to die register is accomplished with the use of very little substrate.
Even with the machines compact size the DF330SR has a 600mm (23.6”) unwind and rewind with automatic taper tension control ensuring that roll changes are kept to a minimum.
The flexibility of the DF350SR platform enables a converting line to be configured for most applications:-
Full servo mode:
Standard flood coating
Print & die cut in register to a pre-printed web
Optional: Spot varnish
With the servo print / coating station turned off:-
Die cut to register – Die cut to register pre-print webs
Slitting and rewinding
Plain label production
Standard Features of the Daco DF350SR Semi-Rotary Digital Finishing System
- Web Width
- Maximum web width: 350mm (13.75″)
- Minimum web width: 200mm (8″)
- Maximum unwind diameter: 600mm (23.6″).
- 76mm (3″) diameter air shaft.
- Merobel electromagnetic particle brake.
- End of roll function – The user is able to program the roll end diameter – slowdown and/or stop – The system does not use any roll followers or external sensors that can be damaged at roll changes. The diameter is programmed from the touch screen operator interface.
- Web up – the operator can, at the touch of a button on the touch screen operator interface, release the unwind brake to allow for easier webbing up of the machine.
- BST Electronic Web guide
- Ultrasonic sensor – enables guiding of opaque and clear materials.
- Adjustable web guide sensor.
- +/- 25mm (1″) correction.
- Integral splice table with pneumatic interlocked web clamps.
- Flexographic print / coating unit
- Re-register servo drive system – With an accuracy of 0.25mm (0.010″).
- Print repeat lengths 203-457mm (8-18″).
- Maximum print width: 340mm (13.38″).
- Constant turning anilox roller.
- Auto throw off.
- Doctor blade.
- GEW E2C UV dryer. – Lamp Power up to 140 w/cm
- 1 Semi-rotary Die Station
- Die cut to register servo drive system – With an accuracy of 0.25mm (0.010″).
- Full rotary cutter repeat lengths: 203-558mm (8″-22″).
- Semi-rotary cutter repeat lengths: 50-457mm (2″-18″).
- Rotometrics through hardened anvil – 120T – 15″ repeat.
- Precision ground 20mm (0.78″) thick die plates.
- Gearing – 1/8 cp, 20 degree pressure angle.
- Lateral die adjustment.
- Fully adjustable driven capstan roller.
- Matrix / Waste Rewind – 600mm (23.6″) diameter.
- 76mm (3″) mechanical mandrel for waste rewind.
- Draw Head
- Pneumatically operated silicone nip roller against a driven draw roller.
- The silicone nip roller does not allow labels to attach themselves to it reducing down time.
- Fully adjustable via a regulator and gauge.
- On / off feature to allow for easy webbing up of the machine.
- Interlocked so that the machine can not be started with the nip roller off.
- 3 rotary scissor slitting knives (shear knife).
- Minimum slit width: 13mm (0.51″).
- Lateral knife adjustment: +/- 8mm (0.31″).
- Removable interlocked cutter guard.
- Dual knife box configuration to allow razor slitting to be fitted.
- Product Rewind
- 1 Product rewind
- Max rewind diameter: 600mm (23.6″).
- 76mm (3″) diameter air shaft.
- Servo driven.
- Automatic taper tension control.
- Count Facility
- Linear – metres & feet
- Colour Touch Screen Operator Interface
- Shows machine status – system messages, interlocks not met etc
- Quick and easy job set ups
- Counting options
- Tension settings
- Maximum Web Speed
- Semi-rotary 40m/minute – dependent on plate size
- Full rotary 175m/minute dependent on material
- Run Hour Meter
- Solid construction – built on a 3mm (0.118″) cabinet with a precision ground steel 16mm (0.62″) main plate.
- Conforms to CE regulations and all circuits use dual channel safety switches, which are continuously monitored using a certified safety relay.
- GEW Ozone filter – eliminates the need to duct exhaust out of the production facility to the outside of the building.
- GEW E2C IR cassette.
- Daco DBS350 back scorer enables edge trim to be wound with the waste matrix.
- RotoMetrics Hydra Jacks – die pressure guages for accurate setting and monitoring of die pressure settings.
- RotoMetrics magnetic die cylinders.
- Laminating – self wound or with carrier:-
- Maximum unwind diameter: 400mm (15.75″)
- Merobel electromagnetic particle brake
- Taper tension control
- 76mm (3″) air mandrel
- Second 600mm (23.6″) rewind
- Razor slitting – with on the run lateral adjustment and a 10mm (0.39″) minimum slit width.
- Additional rotary slitting knives