Daco PLR250 / 350 Semi Automatic Turret Rewinder
The Daco PLR 250 / 350 / 430 offers all the benefits of turret rewinding but with very quick make ready times unlike conventional rewinding. This allows shorter runs to be produced both quickly and more efficiently.
The machine is available as a rewinder, or with the addition of a rotary die cutter it is a cost effective solution to blank / plain label converting with a production speed of 150m/minute. The PLR is available with either one or two rotary die stations for plain label production.
Web width 250mm (10″), 350mm (13.75″) or 430mm (16.92″)
Standard Features of the Daco PLR250 / 350 Semi Automatic Turret Rewinder
- Maximum unwind diameter: 700mm (27.5″)
- 76mm (3″) air mandrel
- Electromagnetic particle brake
- Automatic taper tension control
- End of roll function – The user is able to program the roll end diameter – slowdown and/or stop – The system does not use any roll followers or external sensors that can be damaged at roll changes. The diameter is programmed from the touch screen operator interface.
- Web guide
- BST electronic web guide.
- Ultrasonic sensor – enables guiding of opaque and clear materials.
- Integral diagonal splice table with pneumatic web clamps.
- Adjustable web guide sensor.
- +/- 25mm (1″) correction.
- Draw Head
- Silicone nip roller against a driven draw roller.
- The silicone nip roller does not allow labels to attach themselves to it reducing down time.
- Fully adjustable to allow for different label stocks.
- The draw roller is driven by a 1.5Kw (2 hp) motor.
- 3 quick set rotary scissor slitting knives (shear knife).
- Minimum slit width: 13mm (0.51″)
- Lateral knife adjustment: +/- 8mm (0.31″)
- Removable interlocked cutter guard for easy access to the slitting knives and anvils.
- Turret Rewind – 3 Position
- Max rewind diameter: 250mm (10″)
- 3 x 76mm (3″) diameter quick change air shafts (or 3 of customer choice)
- Electromagnetic particle clutche
- Automatic taper tension control – automatic tension control.
- Adjustable core positioning device – ensures accurate loading of cores onto the mandrel.
- Automatic roll ejection system – enables easy removal of the finished rolls by the operator
- Count Facility
- Linear – metres
- Programmable auto slow down and stop when the count is reached.
- Speed – 150 metres / minute – 492 feet / minute – dependent on material
- Conforms to CE regulations and all circuits use dual channel safety switches, which are continuously monitored using a certified safety relay.
- Modular 1m (40″) unwind
- Rotary die station(s) for plain label production.
- Lateral knife separation (rotary slitting)
- Closed loop tension control for the unwind
- Air mandrels – 25 to 76mm (1 to 3″)
- Air mandrels 19mm (3/4″) for 350mm (13.77) model only.
- Additional rotary slitting knives