Daco PLD250 / PLD350 Rotary Die Cutter With A Semi Automatic Turret Rewinder
The Daco PLD 250 / PLD350 offers all the benefits of turret rewinding but with very quick make ready times unlike conventional rewinding. This allows shorter runs to be produced both quickly and more efficiently.
The PLD250 / PLD350 is a very efficient rotary die cutter with a semi-automatic turret rewinder for small roll production. Unlike traditional die cutters, where the machine is stopped for a considerable time whilst operators cut and re-apply the web to the cores, the semi-automatic turret is only stopped for a few seconds whilst the turret indexes. New cores are applied to the rewind shaft whilst the machine is in production; the turret automatically cuts the web and applies the web to the new cores.
Many clients are finding that the PLD250 / PLD350 machine is the ideal solution for the production of price gun labels, retail promotional labels and weigh scale labels.
Web width 250mm (10″) or 350mm (13.75″)
Standard Features of the Daco PLD250 / PLD350 Rotary Die Cutter With A Semi Automatic Turret Rewinder
- Maximum unwind diameter: 700mm (27.5″)
- 76mm (3″) air mandrel
- Electromagnetic particle brake
- Automatic taper tension control
- End of roll function – The user is able to program the roll end diameter – slowdown and/or stop – The system does not use any roll followers or external sensors that can be damaged at roll changes. The diameter is programmed from the touch screen operator interface.
- Web guide
- BST electronic web guide.
- Ultrasonic sensor – enables guiding of opaque and clear materials.
- Integral diagonal splice table with pneumatic web clamps.
- Adjustable web guide sensor.
- +/- 25mm (1″) correction.
- Die Station
- 153 – 406 (6″-16″) die repeats.
- RotoMetrics through hardened anvil – 105T – 13.125″ repeat.
- 16mm (0.62″) thick precision ground die plates.
- Gearing – 1/8 cp, 20 degree pressure angle.
- A driven matrix stripping roller with adjustable tension control ensures reliable matrix stripping, enabling high speed running even if the matrix rewind becomes unstable.
- Matrix / Waste Rewind – 609mm (24″)diameter.
- 76mm (3″) mechanical mandrel for waste rewind.
- Draw Head
- Silicone nip roller against a driven draw roller.
- The silicone nip roller does not allow labels to attach themselves to it reducing down time.
- Fully adjustable to allow for different label stocks.
- The draw roller is driven by a 1.5Kw (2 hp) motor.
- 3 quick set rotary scissor slitting knives (shear knife).
- Minimum slit width: 13mm (0.51″)
- Lateral knife adjustment: +/- 8mm (0.31″)
- Removable interlocked cutter guard for easy access to the slitting knives and anvils.
- Turret Rewind – 3 Position
- Max rewind diameter: 340mm (13.38″)
- 3 x 76mm (3″) diameter quick change air shafts (or 3 of customer choice)
- Merobel electromagnetic particle clutches
- Automatic taper tension control – automatic tension control.
- Adjustable core positioning device – ensures accurate loading of cores onto the mandrel.
- Automatic roll ejection system – enables easy removal of the finished rolls by the operator
- Count Facility
- Linear – metres
- Programmable auto slow down and stop when the count is reached.
- Speed – 150 metres / minute – 492 feet / minute – dependent on material
- Conforms to CE regulations and all circuits use dual channel safety switches, which are continuously monitored using a certified safety relay.
- Modular UL 1m (40″) unwind
- Additional rotary die stations – for perforating (does not include matrix rewind)
- Lateral knife separation (rotary slitting)
- Removable anvil – enables back cutting / perforating
- Closed loop tension control for the unwind
- Matrix stripping bar
- Air mandrels – 19 to 76mm (3/4 to 3″)
- Daco DBS back scorer – enables edge trim to be wound with the waste matrix
- RotoMetrics Hydra Jack die pressure gauges.
- RotoMetrics magnetic die cylinders
- Additional rotary slitting knives
- Die adaptors to utilise existing tooling – Edale, KDO (K2) & Mark Andy (others available upon request)