Daco DSI 350 / 430 rotary die cutter
DSI rotary die cutter is a high speed plain label production machine. Available with a 350mm (13.75") or 430mm (17″) web and 1, 2 or 3 rotary die stations and a speed of 250 m/minute (820 ft/minute).
The Daco DSI rotary die cutter is a high speed blank label converter offers both flexibility and ease of use. Its design includes a quick make ready rotary scissor slitting box and colour touch screen HMI operator interface for quick and easy job setups.
Both the rewind and unwind tensions are fully and independently adjustable and has taper tension control as standard. The unwind also has a programmable end of roll function, which allows the operator to select an end of roll diameter.
The Daco DSI is equipped with a single rotary die cutting station with removable anvil and an optional 2nd or 3rd die cutting stations can be fitted to allow perforating and sprocket punching.
A BST electronic web guide ensures that the finished rolls are perfectly wound, and an adjustable splicing table (with pneumatic interlocked web clamps) is also fitted as standard, enabling splices to be made both neatly and easily.
Airshafts for both the unwind and rewind means that changing the rolls could not be simpler, and a programmable web advance system makes it easy to attach the web to the core when starting a new roll.
- Web width 350mm (13.75″) or 430mm (17″)
- Maximum unwind diameter: 762mm (30″)
- 76mm (3″) diameter air shaft
- Merobel electromagnetic particle brake
- Automatic taper tension control
- End of roll function – The user is able to program the roll end diameter – slowdown and/or stop – The system does not use any roll followers or external sensors that can be damaged at roll changes. The diameter is programmed from the touch screen operator interface
- Web up – the operator can, at the touch of a button on the touch screen operator interface, release the unwind brake to allow for easier webbing up of the machine
- Splicing Table
- 700mm (27.5″) Inspection area prior to web guiding and slitting with adjustable splicing facility and pneumatic interlocked web clamps
- Stainless steel topped
- Die Station
- 10″-24″ die repeats
- Rotometrics through hardened removable anvil – 137T – 17.125″ repeat with support roller
- Gearing – 1/8 cp, 20 degree pressure angle
- A driven capstan / matrix stripping roller with adjustable tension control ensures reliable matrix stripping, enabling high speed running even if the matrix rewind becomes unstable
- Matrix / Waste Rewind – 609mm (24″) diameter
- 76mm (3″) mechanical mandrel for waste rewind
- Web guide
- BST electronic web guide
- Ultrasonic sensor – enables guiding of opaque and clear materials
- Adjustable web guide sensor
- +/- 25mm (1″) correction
- Draw Head
- Pneumatically operated silicone nip roller against a driven draw roller
- The silicone nip roller does not allow labels to attach themselves to it reducing down time
- Fully adjustable via a regulator and gauge
- On / off feature to allow for easy webbing up of the machine
- Interlocked so that the machine can not be started with the nip roller off
- The draw roller is driven by a 1.5Kw (2 hp) motor to isolate the unwind tension from the rewind
- 3 rotary scissor slitting knives (shear knife)
- Knife separation – Allows for easy setting of the knife and anvil with the web in place
- Minimum slit width: 13mm (0.51″)
- Lateral knife adjustment: +/- 5mm (0.196″)
- Dual knife box configuration to allow for razor slitting to be also fitted.
- 1 Product rewind
- Maximum rewind diameter: 457mm (18″)
- 76mm (3″) diameter with quick change air shaft
- Servo driven
- Automatic taper tension control
- Labels in / labels out rewinding
- Quick change air mandrels. The mandrel size is selected on the touch screen and is electronically compensated for, so there are no gears to change
- The rewind is driven by a 1.5Kw (2 hp) motor
- Programmable web advance system
- The web advance delay time is programmable from the touch screen – enables easy attachment of the web to the core when starting a new roll.
- Count Facility
- Linear – metres & feet
- Stop on diameter
- Total count
- Batch count
- Auto calculation of slow down and stop irrelevant of web speed
- TLC – Total length count until reset by the operator
- Colour Touch Screen Operator Interface
- Highlights machine status, error messages and warnings
- Counting options
- Tension settings
- Job storage allows for easy & quick job set ups – 100 jobs
- Speed – 250 metres / minute – 820 feet / minute – dependent on material
- Run Hour Meter
- Solid construction – built on a 3mm (0.118″) cabinet with a precision ground steel 16mm (0.62″) main plate.
- Conforms to CE regulations and all circuits use dual channel safety switches, which are continuously monitored using a certified safety relay.
- Modular HU430L unwind, 1m (40″) unwind with 76mm air shaft, safety chucks & roll lift.
- Additional rotary die stations – for perforating / sprocket punching.
- Die cut to register servo drive system.
- Extend the 700mm (27.5″) standard splice table to a 1460mm (57.4″) inspection / splicing table.
- Foot pedal to jog the machine (assists in webbing up the machine).
- Air mandrels – 25 to 76mm (1 to 3″).
- Daco DBS back scorer – enables edge trim to be wound with the waste matrix.
- RotoMetrics Hydra Jacks with quick release for accurate pressure setting of the die.
- RotoMetrics magnetic die cylinders.
- Die adaptors to utilise existing rotary dies.
- Razor slitting with lateral adjustment.
- Additional rotary slitting knives.
Video / Gallery
No videos available at the moment